This how-to came about when I was asked by a friend to clone a normal hard drive to a solid-state drive. The cloning part is simple.
I use a dedicated PC for cloning hard drives and I use Easus ToDo Backup Free. It works really well and is pretty self explanatory.
Once the source hard drive and destination solid state is connected you can begin the clone using Easus.
To get passed this hurdle was not that simple. After a ton of google searching and trying various fixes I couldn’t get Windows to boot until I managed to find a fix that worked.
- Download a Windows 10 DVD. You can do that by clicking –> Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- Burn Windows 10 to a DVD
- Boot your PC or laptop with the Windows 10 disc
- Make your way to the following screen and click on “Repair your computer”
- Click on :”Advanced options”
- Click on “Command Prompt”
- Once in command prompt, type the following commands:
- bootrec /fixmbr
- bootrec / fixboot
- bootrec /rebuildbcd
- It should look like this below:
Once that’s done, reboot your PC and it should go into Windows!
If there is anything you would like me to add to this post please let me know.
I hope this was helpful!